Forum

Pedals not receivin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Pedals not receiving messages.

pgtpt
(@pgtpt)

Hi, so I'm fairly new to using midi, but trying to make it work with my Hedra and night sky.  I've been able to send program change messages with a midi keyboard, so I decided to get the futurist for a sleeker set up.  sending PC or CC messages doesn't  seem to work at all.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or what information is helpful.  I pressed "save workspace as"  and attached is the file it produced.  (edit - file type .mep not allowed in upload)  tried saving it as a different file type and that didn't seem to work.  

the keyboard midi controller works so I'm assume there are no signal chain problems.  

updated firmware to V 1.05 

Topic starter Posted : 17/05/2021 4:29 pm
Topic Tags
pgtpt
(@pgtpt)

see attached

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/05/2021 4:37 pm
pgtpt
(@pgtpt)

see attached

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/05/2021 4:37 pm
Rick Matthews
(@rick-matthews)
Member Admin

Hey! 

Just to confirm, in those screen shot the pedal is shown as "Disconnected" in the top right. Do you see a "Connected" when the pedal is plugged in? 

also once you created your presets and dragged them to their spots did you choose "Save to Futurist"? 

Its a me...the owner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2021 5:40 pm
pgtpt
(@pgtpt)

@rick-matthews

Hi Rick.  Yes it shows up when plugged.  I saved it to the futurist.  Talked to Sweetwater.  They suggested I used this MIDI monitor app to check that the message matched what I was sending from the midi keyboard.  So I learned some which was good, but that didn't work either...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/05/2021 2:02 pm
pgtpt
(@pgtpt)

see attached. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/05/2021 2:03 pm
pgtpt
(@pgtpt)

So I accidentally had ordered two from Sweetwater.  I didn't want to have to open the second if I didn't have to.  Felt like it was time today.  The second one works.  They had planned on having me send one back anyway.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/05/2021 2:58 pm
Rick Matthews
(@rick-matthews)
Member Admin

@pgtpt please let us know if you continue to have any other issues, sounds like maybe it was a physical issue with the device. 

Thanks!

Its a me...the owner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 1:38 pm
Rick McNerny
(@rick-mcnerny)
New Member Customer

Just got an open box Futurist from Sweetwater and it doesn't send MIDI.  I tested with MIDI-OX and it's not sending anything out of the 5-pin midi out.  I need to make a 3.5mm MIDI cable to test if MIDI is just not being sent from any channel.

I'm guessing I got the return from @pgtpt to Sweetwater.

I see there are internal DIP switches to change the 5-pin function from output to input but I can't find info on what position the DIP switches should be in to see if that is the issue.

What should I be looking for @rick-matthews ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 4:31 am
Rick Matthews
(@rick-matthews)
Member Admin

Hey @rick-mcnerny 

Thank you for pointing out a big thing that is missing from our resources!! I can't believe we don't have this anywhere!

There are 4 dip switches internally. 1 & 2 should be set to "On" and 3 & 4 should be set to off. Flip these to change it to a input. 

Its a me...the owner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 2:14 pm
Rick McNerny
(@rick-mcnerny)
New Member Customer

@rick-matthews I double checked and the DIPS are switched correctly.

I'll put together a 3.5mm plug and test those MIDI connections next. 

I do see some wobble in the 5-pin connector so it might be a cold solder joint?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 2:31 pm
Rick Matthews
(@rick-matthews)
Member Admin

That is possible, if its not working (try flipping the dip switches just to double check) that should be enough to return it to sweetwater. 

Its a me...the owner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 3:01 pm
Rick McNerny
(@rick-mcnerny)
New Member Customer

@rick-matthews I inspected all the solder connections and didn't find any visual breaks and continuity testing didn't find any either.  I even tested the DIP switches to make sure they were closing.  Unfortunately I'm not sure why this jack has failed.  I've pinged Sweetwater (bought it from ebay from them) so I'll work on getting a replacement.

Hope this device makes it way back to you so you can discover what failed.

Cheers,

Rick

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2021 9:37 pm
Share: